Friday, March 16, 2012

Life changes

Once upon a time
when I was but a paper doll
in a two-dimensional world

color was but
a splash of ink

and roses
just splats of magenta

plants
just strokes
like actors
pretending to sway
in a nonexistent breeze

stars
just tears that fell
bleaching a dark canvas

Now that I am
a woman
in 3-D with all necessary
fascia and ganglia

my eyes
squint in the sun’s
glare

the rose’s perfume
makes me dreamy
and her falling petals
make my heart sad

plants submit
to my kitchen cutting board
for my nourishment

and the stars
the stars
are still
those far-away things
that I understand no better
than before


Inspired by an image posted on Facebook by Every Day Poems



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. The decision of the blog author is final.