Sunday, June 27, 2010

Read any good books lately?

Remember those things called books? They were composed of elements called pages, printed with words and then sewn or glued together between two covers, sometimes rigid, sometimes soft.

Hard to explain, but when I hold one of those old-fashioned objects in my hands, my stress level drops and my imagination soars.

Books can be
illustrated or plain
oversize or pocket size
massive or miniature
comic or serious
cosmic or local
juicy or dry
scary or sensible
devotional or dangerous
sentimental or scientific
but always
chock full of letters
arranged in most amazing ways...

See
Do Nothing but Read Day


Read the Printed Word!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I still covet and want real books, even though my husband gave me a Kindle as a surprise gift for my birthday last year. He said it would save us money, because I could get free samples of books and THEN decide to buy them (or not)! I think it is important to emphasize the printed word in books AND in real mail--letters (or notes)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the widget for reading books!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. The decision of the blog author is final.