Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Celebrating my birthday, a weight on my shoulders


Actually, I was at my 6am Body Pump class doing squats with 12 kg (26.5 lb) resting on my trapezius muscles. Even just a couple of years ago I would never have imagined that I'd enjoy a cardio/weight lifting class so much. Hey, what better way to start off the first day of the rest of your life?

Of course a good many of the loved ones who used to help me celebrate my birthday are gone now. I miss my mom especially. My two sons are both suddenly out of the house (one of them on the road), but I got phone calls from them. I left the house before my husband got up and could wish me happy birthday, but he called me at work during the day.

And then I must thank God for the loved ones who have come more recently into my life and who made my birthday special: cyberpals in Finland and Australia, and a colleague who took me out to lunch.

As you get older you learn to appreciate the quality rather than the quantity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. The decision of the blog author is final.