Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A father's ocean of darkness

"I saw, also, that there was an ocean of darkness and death; but an infinite ocean of light and love, which flowed over the ocean of darkness. In that also I saw the infinite love of God, and I had great openings."
Journal of George Fox, Chapter 1


Well, I guess there isn't a Quaker around who doesn't know that quote. These past few days, seems I've been even more acutely aware of that murky ocean, especially with yet another horrible shooting rampage in Colorado. However, there's a local tragedy that has me feeling really sad: the sexual assault and bludgeoning death of a 14-year-old girl, allegedly by her mother's boyfriend. He was high on crack at the time. The young girl's father works at our university, so I can't get him out of my mind. How will he get through the holidays? How do you go on after something like that? Really holding that poor, bereaved father in the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. The decision of the blog author is final.