Thursday, November 15, 2007

Crescent Moon

There's a beautiful cream-colored crescent moon out tonight. Made me think of this poem that I learned when I was little:
The Moon's the North Wind's cookie
He bites it, day by day
Until there's but a rim of scraps
That crumble all away.

The South Wind is the baker
He kneads clouds in his den,
And bakes a crisp new moon that ...
greedy.... North.... Wind ....eats....again!

by Vachel Lindsay
Instruction sessions have wound down. Life at work is quite a bit saner. Gee, maybe I'll even start blogging again!

2 comments:

  1. Nice poem, Liberata. Never saw this one. Welcome back to the land of bloggery. Cheers, PaL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks, Peter! I feel as though I just emerged from the depths of some sort of deep sea...I'm reviewing this semester intently to make sure I never have one like it again! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. The decision of the blog author is final.