Sunday, September 2, 2007

September Evening

Savoring
my paneer korma

conversing
with my college sophomore son
and his girlfriend


so sweet
in her white dress

with her long brown hair

I’m too young
I think

in a wine-woven haze
to have a son in college

with a girlfriend

Strolling down
to the ice cream parlor
I order crunchy cappuccino
in a cone

a baby scoop
but decadent enough

for a 55-year-old

Listening to a street musician
in Davis Square
who peddles his music
from place to place
though stuck in the 60’s and 70’s
Beatles
Simon & Garfunkle
Ne
il Young…

I applaud heartily
and drop money

into his guitar case


An elderly couple
and a flower vendor
are noticeably
less animated

And I lick
my cool
September breeze-swirled

ice cream cone
as the stores and the street lights blend
into my wine-woven haze







4 comments:

  1. mmmm....
    such a dreamy, tasty evening.
    *hazy hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    WOW, the Boston area...what a great place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lindsey!

    Good luck in your studies.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. The decision of the blog author is final.